How Understanding Story Creates Change
In partnership with sought after PIXAR, Disney, and Sony story advisor Bobette Buster
, Q has arranged a private two-day session for church and cultural leaders designed to enhance their communication ability in a culture built on narrative. Understanding the power of story effects nearly every area of your life and the vision God has entrusted to you.
The art of creating epiphanies can be learned. The art of finding epiphanies in your own life is taught along the way. The transformation that follows the discovery of your personal epiphanies is unrivaled. Bobette Buster has built and sustained a long, respected career in the film industry by being the best at finding and developing epiphanies throughout some of the greatest movies and stories we've all enjoyed. But this talent goes far beyond film and can influence the way you write books, songs, screen plays, marketing copy, funding proposals, research reports, sermons and talks. This experience will help you uncover deep truths from your own story that play into where God may be taking you next.
Participants will learn how to:
- Discover the epiphanies in their own story and have the tools to communicate them effectively.
- Gain clarity on their own transformation, helping them facilitate the next stages in their personal transformation process.
- Analyze and rate cultural goods (film, music, books, storytellers) by discovering epiphany moments.
- Apply an understanding of epiphany into their immediate project(s).
- Harness the principles of storytelling for their particular context.
- Employ Bobette's personal diagnostic tool for evaluating what ideas and projects have potential for greatness and which ones should be immediately discarded.
Do you ever wonder why…
- Over 3 million books are published annually, but only 500 sell more than 100,000 copies.
- 70,000 scripts are registered at the Writers Guild of America, but only 500 films are released — and only 1 out of every 10 of those is significantly profitable.
- 15,000 television shows are pitched annually, but only 300 scripts are commissioned. Out of this group 80 pilots are shot, 20 land on TV, and only 2 are hits.
Bad ideas are everywhere. The truly good ideas are rare treasures that create epiphany moments. Then ideas spread because they are worth spreading.
Epiphany will be transformational for writers, authors, entrepreneurs, pastors, marketers, journalists, corporate leaders, filmmakers, screenwriters, musicians, songwriters, video game designers, graphic designers, publishers, artists and cultural leaders of any kind who have a voice to be heard and a story to tell.
$675 Individual Rate